Research & Development
Developing new and exciting products
Developing a new product or trying to optimize specific processes? Our 30 years of experience solving numerous challenges related to product design has led to new and unique components.
We value questions and challenges from our customers, as it ensures the best opportunity for a long and fruitful partnership.
We are skilled craftsmen, industry experts and engineers – a tried and tested combination ensuring innovation. With friction welding we solve a wide variety of challenges where products require custom designs.
Imagine getting a new tool in your component design toolbox, which will solve your problems – learn more on our site, or even better, book a meeting today.
The benefits of an Aviatec collaboration
- Flexible material combinations, giving you a wealth of design freedom
- Dimensional flexibility for raw materials
- No cracks, notches or pores allowing for very hygienic welds
- Low material impact (HAZ); working temperature ca. 1000-1100°C
- Repeatable and monitored mechanical process
- Minimizing CNC machining
- Reduced use of raw materials, making costs less volatile
- No additives or protection gasses
University of Southern Denmark
At Aviatec we cooperate with the Faculty of Engineering, Department of Mechatronics at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) in Odense, to provide you with the newest research and publications.
To visualize the process of friction welding, SDU has provided a simulation of the heat buildup during the welding process.
Here is a simulation made by researchers at University of Southern Denmark (SDU), depicting the heat transfer during the rotary friction welding process.